In Touch Volunteer
Are you a good listener? Can you spare an hour a week?
At Carers’ Support (Bexley) we are regularly looking for volunteers to join “In Touch” our support service offering emotional support and friendship to carers and ex-carers. Volunteers usually meet people in their own homes or at another mutually convenient venue or they may keep in touch by telephone.
Volunteers are asked to attend an informal interview prior to an induction training course and are paid out-of-pocket expenses i.e. fares or mileage.
If you are interested or would like further information please contact Jo Flitton on 020 8302 8011.
Café and Group Volunteers
We operate a number of groups and cafés across the borough and are looking for volunteers who:
- Have a genuine interest and concern for unpaid carers
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness and ability to travel within the Bexley Borough
Your main responsibilities and duties will be:
- Meet and greet group/café attendees
- Prepare and serve refreshments
- Take any queries about carers services and signpost to Carers’ Support (Bexley)
- Assist and join in with activities
- Clear away the area; put away chairs and wash up
- An enthusiastic and positive outlook; willingness and ability to get involved
- Empathy with unpaid carers
- A warm, polite and friendly manner
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and dependable
Hours of Volunteering: minimum 2 hours per week